Guidelines and eligibility criterion for registration
- The participating institutes should have an operational collegiate club.
- All faculty advisors and participating members have to be SAE members.
- Colleges who have recently applied for collegiate club are also eligible to register for the event. They should have all supporting relevant documents such as like payment proof, copy of acknowledgement of SAEINDIA etc. as proof of their collegiate registration completion.
(Note: A valid SAEINDIA Membership number should be in place before Virtual BAJA)
- SAE Collegiate club should provide a valid account number during registrations.
Eligible team size
- A team should comprise of minimum 1 and maximum 2 faculty advisors.
- A team should comprise of minimum 5 members and maximum 25 members.
Recommended: Buy BAJA SAE Race Gears & Products
- Faculty advisors should accompany the team in Main Event of Mahindra BAJA SAEINDIA 2017.
- Once the teams are registered online during the 1st phase of registration, swapping or additions to the team are not allowed.
- Deletions to the team are possible with approval from FA and college director which has to be notified to BAJA secretariat. The team cannot add a new member in place of the deleted member.
- Registration for Main BAJA and e BAJA occurs under different heads. This enables two teams from one college to be registered, one for m-BAJA and one for e-BAJA.
Steps in registration
Step 1: After filling in the mandatory details, validate you registration by clicking the link mailed to your team email ID
Step 2: Note down 5 Digit reference no. and download Challan form and pay 20,000 + 14.5% Service tax. Incash, cheque & DD (in favour of BAJA SAEINDIA payable at Indore) and submit the challan form in nearest ICICI bank and retain 2 copies i.e College copy and event copy.
Step3: Provide the team member details individually for all members.
Step4: Submit the completed registration form and wait for BAJA SAEINDIA approval / acknowledgement for registration. All confirmed teams will be given unique IDs for further communication.
As a promotional effort towards Electric Mobility Mission of India, the e BAJA teams which will successfully clear the Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2016 will receive a financial assistance of INR 2 Lakhs from BAJA SAEINDIA for their project after the due completion of their vehicle. Details will be shared post the Virtual BAJA results.
Registration Fee Structure
The registration fee is non-refundable.
1st Phase Registration– Participation fees INR 20,000 + 14.5% Service tax.( Subject to changes as per Government Norms ).
Payment has to be done in favour of BAJA SAEINDIA through challan form available on website.
2nd Phase Registration – Teams qualifying for VIRTUAL BAJA have to pay the 2nd phase of registration amount – INR 30,000 + 14.5% Service tax ( Subject to changes as per Government Norms ).
Payment to be done in favour of BAJA SAEINDIA through challan form available on website.
Fee Waiver Scheme
- BAJA SAEINIDA offers registration fee waiver for girl participation in a team, to ensure gender diversity in the team.
- The waiver is available only during the second phase of registration
- A fee waiver of INR 1000 per girl participation can be availed (e.g. If there are 5 girls in a team, the waiver would be INR5000 from the registration amount base fee (base fee is the fee which excludes the service Tax)
For Collegiate club details please visit http://saeindia.org/ or contact the following
Mr Lokesh S (Membership Head, SAEINDIA)
Mrs Fathima, Senior Officer (SAEINDIA)
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Jean SophiyaShiny, officer ( SAEINDIA )
Please contact the below person for concerns related to fee structure and waivers:
Akash Agrawal, BAJA Secretariat@ 91- 9039090803 OR Prasad Vishwanathan, Chairperson – BAJA Alumni Committee2017 @ 09769869305
Teams need to submit the event challan hard copy to the address mentioned below:
C/o Prestige Institute of Engineering & Science, Indore
Scheme No. 74-C, Sector D
Vijay Nagar, Indore-452010 (M.P)
(Contact No. :91- 9039090803 )
(Scanned copy of the challan has to be sent to email@example.com
Subject : Team ID_CollegeName_BAJA EDITION(mBAJA / eBAJA)
For e.g. : 17001_ABC College of Engineering_eBAJA
- Students can write A/F (Applied For) in the field of membership ID if applied recently. But, should have a valid ID during the Virtual BAJA 2016.
- Teams need to ensure that they carry the SAE membership card / membership number before appearing for Virtual BAJA.
Teams need to write their Reference No (Password) in the field of Roll No/Registration ID in the challan form)